This ritual is designed to remember your sweet baby during the holidays, or really, any time of the year. You are welcome to personalize it and/or change it to suit you and your families wishes. To begin, place 5 candles in a circle and as you light each candle, read aloud these statements:
As we light these five candles in your honor, we light one for our grief, one for our courage, one for our memories, one for our love, and one for our hope.
- This candle represents our grief. The pain of losing you is intense. It reminds us of the depth of our feelings for you.
- This candle represents our courage to confront our sorrow, to comfort each other, to change our lives
- This candle represents our memories of you and all we had planned for your life, the dreams we had for you and the joy, however briefly, you gave us.
- This candle represents our love. Each day we cherish the special place in our heart that will always be reserved for you. We thank you for the gift your life, no matter how brief, brought to each of us.
- This candle is the light of hope. It reminds us that the love and memories of you are ours forever. May the glow of this flame be our source of hope, now and forever.
Adapted from Accord Bereavement Group