Services for Families
Enduring the death of your baby is likely the most heart-breaking event a parent and family could ever experience. We want you to know that you are not alone. Your feelings are real. Your baby is real. The love you have for your baby is real. The Haven Network can support you and your family as you grieve the death of your baby.
Directly in the hospital we can serve you by helping you create a peaceful environment in which you can spend quality time making memories with your baby like:
- Bathing and dressing your baby
- Creating a memory box containing: ink hand and foot prints of your baby, clay hand and foot prints, baby book, and so much more
- Providing you clothing, blankets and jewelry for your baby
- Funeral home and funeral planning information
*Funding is not available through The Haven Network for funeral costs or expenses.
Following your discharge from the hospital, our Director of Family Services will contact you to follow up on any of your needs, answer questions and to be of support to you and your family. You have available to you:
- Spiritual support with our staff chaplain
- Grief Support
- Access to our Gatherings group
- Grief Counseling
- Support through subsequent pregnancies
All services provided by The Haven Network, both at the hospital and after discharge, are provided at no cost.
Being faced with the lethal diagnosis of your baby during pregnancy can be a highly emotional, devastating time that can leave you feeling overwhelmed with all the decisions, appointments and emotions. Know you have somewhere to turn for all the assistance you want. The Haven Network can help provide practical support from diagnosis to the time following the birth of your baby through:
- Family consultation(s)
- Working with you to develop a birth plan
- Funeral planning
- Attending doctors appointments (upon request)
- Professional birth support from our certified SBD birth and bereavement doula
- Helping you bathe and dress your baby
- Providing a memory box, clothing, jewelry and blankets
- Making hand and foot print molds
If your baby needs NICU care, we can help you document your baby’s time in the NICU with professional photography, a memory box to hold your keepsakes and hand and foot print impressions to capture their tiny little fingers and toes.
Grief Counseling for our Haven families is provided by Delinda Grindle and Cody Berillo. They have established an exceptional grief counseling program for our Haven families. Families served by The Haven Network have access to individual and/or family grief counseling sessions at no cost with Cody or Delinda.
Delinda Grindle, LCSW is the Director of Grief Services at KP Counseling here in Rockford. Her philosophy in counseling is “companioning individuals in their healing journeys.” She believes that journey involves reflecting on the physical, emotional, cognitive, social, and spiritual areas of one’s life.
Cody Berillo, MSW is a counselor at KP Counseling and provides individual and/or family grief counseling to our Haven families at no cost. Grief counseling can be an integral part of the healing process and having access to a qualified, compassionate grief counselor can make a world of difference.
To start your grief counseling, you need to contact Stephanie by email: email@example.com