Services for Families
“Love Never Ends”
1 Corinthians 13:8
Enduring the death of your baby is likely the most heart-breaking event a parent could ever experience. We want you to know that you are not alone. Your feelings are real. Your baby is real. The love you have for your baby is real. The Haven Network can support you and your family as you grieve the death of your baby.
Directly in the hospital we can serve you by:
- Bathing and dressing your baby
- Making a memory box containing: ink hand and foot prints of your baby, clay hand and foot prints, baby book, etc
- Providing clothing, blankets and jewelry for your baby
- Funeral home and funeral planning information
*Funding is not available through The Haven Network for funeral costs or expenses.
Following your discharge from the hospital, the Director of Family Services will contact you to follow up on any of your needs, answer questions and to be of support to you and your family. You have available to you:
- Spiritual support with our staff chaplain
- Grief Support (see the Healing Hearts page for more information)
- Grief Counseling (more information on the Healing Hearts page)
- Support through subsequent pregnancies
All services provided by The Haven Network, both at the hospital and after discharge, are provided at no cost.
Being faced with the lethal diagnosis of your baby during pregnancy can be a highly emotional, devastating time that can leave you feeling overwhelmed with all the decisions, appointments and emotions. Know you have somewhere to turn for all the assistance you want. The Haven Network can help provide practical support from diagnosis to the time following the birth of your baby through:
- Family consultation(s)
- Working with you to develop a birth plan
- Funeral plannng
- Attending doctors appointments (upon request)
- Professional birth support from our certified SBD birth and bereavement doula
- Helping you bathe and dress your baby
- Providing a memory box, clothing, jewelry and blankets
- Making hand and foot print molds
If your baby needs NICU care, we can help you document your baby’s time in the NICU with professional photography, a memory box to hold your keepsakes and hand and foot print impressions to capture their tiny little fingers and toes.
Cody Berillo, MSW and counselor at kpcounseling.inc along with The Haven Network, have developed a caring and sensitive program to assist those families who have lost a baby. Experiencing the death of your baby can be overwhelming, The Haven Network provides grief support services as an important part of your total care. Cody provides individual or family grief sessions in addition to our Healing Hearts Gatherings group.
We welcome the opportunity to visit with you or any family members who are interested in learning more about our Grief Support Program. We are pleased to be able to provide our families one (1) year of counseling at no cost. To schedule your first session, please call Stephanie at The Haven Network (815.962.1512)