There are several ways to donate and support the mission of The Haven Network: monetary donations, in kind donations, annual sponsorships, and volunteering. We invite you to take a minute to learn more about how you can get involved with The Haven Network and our compassionate community of supporters.
The Haven Network accepts no state or federal government funding and supports its mission solely through grant funding, business and personal donations and memorials, fundraisers and our annual sponsorships. If you wish to make a monetary donation here are two ways to do so:
- To make a general donation, please use this link: https://www.paypal.com/donate?hosted_button_id=4JZQU4RS3EWS4
- Under your donation amount, you will see a “Notes” section. Please use this section to note if your donation is in memory/honor of someone and that individual’s name.
The Haven Network for Perinatal Death & Bereavement is an IRC 501(c)(3) organization. Gifts to The Haven Network are tax deductible to the extent of current tax law.
In Kind Donations
We do our utmost to be good stewards of the donations people make to The Haven Network. We deeply appreciate each and every person who takes the time to pick out special items for the families we serve.
To that end, we have created our “12 Months of Giving” program that dedicates each month to a specific item(s) that we are in need of. These are generally items that we use heavily. Current 12 Months of Giving needs can always be found here: https://www.facebook.com/thehavennetwork
There are always basic, ongoing needs:
- Forever Stamps (postage is one of our biggest needs)
- Restaurant Gift Cards (provided to families so that they can enjoy a meal together. A simple gift that means a lot in time of sorrow)
- Amazon Gift Cards (used to purchase supplies)
- Hobby Lobby Gift Cards (used to purchase craft supplies)
Here is our Amazon Wish List. Any items purchased from here can be sent directly to The Haven Network. If you wish to donate items from this list in memory of someone, please make sure that is noted at checkout.
The Haven Network gratefully accepts any and all donations that meet the below listed “Donation Guidelines”. These ensure that we are providing quality items to our Haven families.
- All items must be new. Any used items (books, journals, gift bags, frames, albums, clothing, blankets, etc) will not be accepted.
- Any items must be current, not dated (albums or books from decades past, for example).
- Pictures frames need to be of good quality. Respectfully, pictures frames from dollar stores do not meet our standards. We need to ensure our Haven families are receiving quality items, especially those that contain priceless photos of their baby.
If you are planning to do a donation drive, personally or through your work place, please contact us prior to holding the drive so we can provide you with an itemized list of our current needs. We want to help you make your donation drive successful.
Our Amazon Wishlist is the best place to see what our needs are and to purchase your donation through. This wishlist can be found on our Facebook page and website.
Your sponsorship of The Haven Network benefits families right here in our 815 community at a time they need it most. Cost should not be a barrier to parents receiving proper grief care and your sponsorship of the mission of The Haven Network ensures bereaved families in our community have access to the grief care they need.
Your sponsorship dollars ensure parents have access to immediate in person support at the hospital. 365 days per year for the past 16 years, our trained staff and volunteers respond to calls for care from the three hospitals right here in Rockford. In addition to creating the memory box for the family and photographing each baby and family unit, our team provides essential information to the parents regarding the immediate decisions they will need to make for the care of their baby. We are able to walk alongside our Haven families providing the comfort and support they need as they grieve the passing of their beloved baby.
Your annual sponsorship dollars provide so much to families in our community:
* individual and family grief counseling
* A welcoming place for parents to come meet with our staff
* Well care checks
* Email based grief support program providing parents relevant and timely information and encouragement
* Access to our Share library
* Access to our parent support group, Gatherings
* Community remembrance events
The programs and services provided to families in our community at no cost to them are possible because of the support of our community and you. Your sponsorship of The Haven Network provides a community for bereaved families to find the support, counseling, resources and more to help them throughout their grief journey.
The Haven Network is a volunteer based organization and we rely on our incredible volunteers to provide the in hospital care and support to the families we serve. We are always looking for the right people in the following areas:
*Family Services Volunteers (training required)
*Professional Photographers (training required)
*Crafters (knitting, crocheting, paper crafters, jewelry makers, sewers)
If you are a talented knitter, crocheter, sewer or crafter and would like to make something for our families, click on the Pinterest button above and check out our Pinterest page for ideas and patterns. We prefer blankets and clothing to be baby pink, baby blue or white (neutral colors) and ask that you use baby soft yarn for knitted and crocheted items. Please contact us for our current needs and sizes or to be added to our crafters email list. If you are on Facebook, we invite you to join our Keepsake Crafters group
Legacy of Giving
We appreciate all financial support of the services our organization gives to bereaved parents, no matter the size of the gift. Some of you may have the capacity and desire to give a life long gift to The Haven Network. If you are interested in creating a legacy gift or endowment in memory of your baby or in honor of a loved one, The Haven Network would be happy to assist you in gathering the necessary information to remember our organization in your will or trust. Please contact The Haven Network at 815-962-1512 for more information about legacy giving.